This is the support site for Disk Decipher, an app that allows access to encrypted disk images (e.g. TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt or DMG) from your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Disk Decipher is copyright 2012-2022 Richard Huveneers.
Current status: Version 3.19.4 has been approved by Apple.
Version 3.19.5 will add
- Slovak localization
Localization - Your help is needed!¶
The app user interface is currently available in English (default), Dutch, German, Greek, Hungarian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish and Traditional Chinese. To provide the best user experience, it would be great to extend this list with more languages.
Please contact me if you can help by translating the user interface into your native language.
Version 3.19.4 supports:
- Platforms: iOS, iPadOS and macOS
- Manage multiple disks
- Storage provider: Local Disk
- Storage provider: Linked Disk
- Remote storage provider, HTTP and HTTPS based storage. The server must be HTTP 1.1 compliant. This feature should provide access to most cloud storage providers offering webdav access (tested with Box).
- Remote storage provider: Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and OneDrive for Business, Box, pCloud (direct access to disk images stored in your cloud storage account without downloading the full disk image)
- Remote storage provider: NFS (accessing encrypted disks stored on an NFS server)
- Disk image formats: TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt, FreeOTFE, LUKS and Apple Disk Image (encrypted DMG)
- Filesystems: FAT (FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32, full Unicode in long file names), exFAT, Apple HFS+ and HFSX, NTFS (NTFS compression and encryption are not supported), Linux ext4 (and ext2 / ext3)
- File viewer supports many document types (Word, Excel, PDF, RTF, plain-text, images, Markdown, etc.)
- File viewer supports streaming audio playback (MP3, WAV, etc.)
- File viewer supports streaming movie playback (MP4, MOV, etc.)
- File viewer supports background audio, AirPlay and Picture in Picture video
- File viewer supports printing of all supported document types
- File viewer supports saving decrypted images to Photos library
- File viewer supports editing of plain-text files
- File viewer supports searching of plain-text and RTF files
- File viewer supports swiping to view next/previous file
- File viewer supports ZIP files
- Options menu to share/export decrypted files to other apps
- Passcode protection with Touch ID and Face ID support
- Write support
- In-app and crypto donations
- Photo camera to store new photos securely in your encrypted container
- File import (encryption) from apps supporting document providing
- Import photos and videos from iOS Photo Library
- iCloud storage
- iPadOS external storage
- Tiled directory view (presents files as tiles, a small preview will be shown for image files to simplify browsing)
- iOS File Provider (this allows accessing files inside your encrypted containers from other apps, like iOS Files)
- Drag & drop files in and out mounted encrypted container
- Copy & paste files in and out mounted encrypted container
- Option to save disk passwords in keychain
- GUID Partition Table
- Create new VeraCrypt container
- Encrypted sparse bundle
- Untrusted / self-signed certificates for HTTPS remote disks
- Launch URL to allow other apps to launch Disk Decipher and open a specific container
- Multiple windows